The Publication Award recognizes outstanding contributions to T&E literature. ITEA presents this award to honor individuals whose published books or technical papers have improved and increased the general body of knowledge relevant to better understanding and development of T&E technology. The literary works considered may be broad in scope or may address a single functional area that is included under the T&E umbrella.
The Publications Award may be awarded to any author or authors whose literary work is of high quality and addresses test and evaluation topics. Membership in ITEA is not required; however, the literary works for which the author is nominated should complement ITEA’s goals. Co-authors are eligible for joint recognition. Teams, organizations, or institutions are not eligible. The following prerequisites also apply:
- Published work must be original and must adhere to the accepted practices of scholarly research methods. Proper credits must be given where material is drawn from other sources; the conclusions are to be suitably justified, and statements of opinion are to be identified as such.
- An author can only receive this award one time for the same publication.
- Only published works available to the public will be considered.
- Published works will generally be ranked according to the following hierarchy:
- Books by a single author.
- Books by co-authors.
- Books by an editor.
- Monograph series.
- Refereed article in a published journal.
- Tutorial text.
- Television script, where authorship is specified.
- Relative impact of the published work in terms of its influence in the T&E field.
- The degree to which the author drew upon approved research methods in the justification of any conclusions.
- The organization of the published material, editorial style, and conciseness of presentation.
1990 Emil J. Eichblatt and Jacques S. Gansler, Ph.D.
1991 John L. Miles and John K. Hawley
1992 Gerald R. Holiday
1993 Robin M. Brandin
1994 James F. O’ Bryon
1995 Stuart H. Starr, Ph.D.
1996 MAJ William J. Norton, USAF
1997 Matthew T. Reynolds
1998 Suzanne M. Beers, Ph.D. and George J. Vachtsevanos
1999 MAJ James H. Baker, USAF
2000 MAJ Kelly S. Lauritzen, USA
2001 Tommie W. Curtis
2002 Randon R. Herrin, Neil L. Barrett, Bryon G. Baker and Robert A. Koyak
2003 Brian J. Riley
2004 Jeffrey Peterson, Ph.D., Hal Meyer, Dennis L. Jones and Michael J. O’Connor
2005 Lydia Bock, Ph.D., Dr. Yehuda Bock, Jeffrey Fayman, Ph.D., Thomas J. Macdonald and John H. Merts
2006 Daniel S. Skelley and Raymond Faulstich
2007 John A. Stine, Ph.D.
2008 Dennis L. Boesen
2009 Robert C. Michelson
2010 Rick Dove
2011 Tim Owen, Rob Scott, Roy and Campbell, Ph.D.
2012 Bernard “Chip” Ferguson, Dr.Michael Lilienthal, Christopher Yglesias, David Brown, and Natalie Apuzzo
2013 Darlene Mosser-Kerner, Rick S. Thomas, Suzanne Beers, Ph.D.
2014 Michael Badger, Dennis Bushmitch, Ph.D., Mr. Rick Cozby, Dr. John Harwig, and Mr. Brian Hobson
2015 Edward Kraft, Ph.D. and Lieutenant David Stebbins