Description: The Special Achievement Award recognizes a recent outstanding achievement in T&E engineering, technology, or management such as the solution of a major problem or a notable project success for which there is evidence that tangible benefits have accrued.
Eligibility: ITEA membership is not a requirement for eligibility, but will be considered during the Committee’s selection process. The award may be presented to an individual, team, or organization.
- Demonstrated innovated utilization of management tools to enhance the execution of a T&E plan.
- Developed innovative concepts and processes for utilization during the planning, execution, and reporting of T&E events.
- Utilized creative management tools to control cost and schedule.
- Utilized innovative approaches, processes, or concepts for resolving problems and/or critical T&E issues.
- Provided quick, accurate, and responsive feedback to the decision maker.
- Developed, coordinated, and completed timely, accurate, precise, and comprehensive reports.
- Executed a T&E event in a timely and efficient manner resulting in project savings.
- Placed emphasis on the safety of human resources and the proper maintenance of the testing environment.
1991 COL Charles Quisenberry, USAF
1992 Robert Hamilton
1993 Charles T. Jennings
1994 MAJ Stephen Herrlinger, USAF
1995 CDR Thomas R. McCarthy, USN
1996 COL Robert C. Brown, USAF
1997 Rodney D. Timm
1998 Heidi L. Mohlenbrok
1999 Robert R. ‘JR’ Smullen
2000 ABL STAR Scintillometer Team
2001 X-40A Flight Test Team
2002 Clyde M. Shook
2003 Charles C. South
2004 Kendall C. Elliott and Test Team Members NSWC
2005 George R. Ryan, Jr.
2006 Jeffrey Peterson and Ty John Burden
2007 Reed Robinson
2008 59th Test and Evaluation Squadron
2009 Family of Beyond Line of Sight Terminals (FAB-T) Test Team
2010 Lightweight Torpedo Mk 54 Red Path Testing Team
2011 Dragon Spear Combined Test Force Team
2012 Shane Esola
2013 UCAS-D Test Team, Northrop Grumman
2014 Global Reach CTF C-17 MDA AirdropTest Team
2015 X-47B UCAS-D Integrated Test Team, U.S. Navy/Northrop Grumman Corp.