- This event has passed.
As with many conferences & workshops across the globe, this year’s Symposium will be in a virtual format. We know that for many of you, this may be your first time attending an immersive, multi-day, online event. So we’ve compiled some simple pro tips to help you make the most of this virtual environment. There are also links to a quick overview video of how to navigate the virtual conference as well as FAQ. If you have any questions please email Lena@itea.org
- The conference will be held in Mountain Daylight Time.
- Most important tip! Use Google Chrome. The platform works best with this browser.
- Government issued laptops have firewalls that sometimes block the site. We recommend using a personal laptop.
- Make sure to allow permissions to your microphone and camera so you can video chat with other attendees. This can be done in your security and privacy settings.
- When you first enter the event be sure to updated your profile and upload a picture so other attendees can see you.
- If your screen is blank or a video does not load, refresh the page. (Windows: Ctrl + F5 or Mac: Command + Shift+R)
- If you forget your password you can reset it. If you don’t see the reset option, enter any digit in the password field and hit enter. You will then see a reset password link. A 6 digit code will be sent to your email.
- If you would like to see the video in full screen, click the hollow square found on the bottom right hand corner of the video.
- Turn on your notification sound and popups so you can see when you receive a message. Turn this feature on via the gear icon in the chat window
Our theme for the 38th Annual ITEA Symposium is “Evolution of T&E in an Age of Rapid Technological Change”. As always, our focus is on ensuring test and Evaluation (T&E) delivers the most cost-effective assurance to the warfighter that new systems coming into the force are suitable, survivable and effective. This year will be another virtual conference coordinated by the Valley of the Sun Chapter from Phoenix, AZ and with Volunteers from across the entire ITEA community. Please plan on both attending, and more importantly, participating in this year’s Annual Symposium.
Full papers submitted to the Symposium will automatically be considered for the Best Paper Award, and student papers for the Student Best Paper Award.
Papers should be 4800 words or less and 12 point font, but no specific format is required. They should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Images should be at least 300 dots per inch resolution and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF, or EPS format. Titles should 12 words or less and abstracts 200 words or less.
Full papers are eligible for submission for publication in the ITEA Journal. Requirements for Journal articles are found at https://itea.org/submissions/
Papers must be objective and free of advertising and commercialism. Authors are responsible for submitting original work and for the accuracy of all material provided. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that an article has not been published previously or is not being considered by another publication.
PRE-WORKSHOP TUTORIALS (SEPARATE REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
The following tutorials are being offered on Monday, September 13th in conjunction with the 2021 38th International Test & Evaluation Symposium. Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits will be awarded for completion of the tutorials. A certificate of completion will be provided upon request.
The fee to attend a 4-hour tutorial is $205. If you would like to take a second course, your fee then becomes $385 for both classes . Upon registration, use the discount code “TWO-Tutorials” at checkout. Registration for a tutorial does not require registration for the Conference.
* ITEA also has a special group rate registration of $150 per class (for three or more employees). We welcome you to take advantage of this limited time offer. See group tutorial reg form below for more information.
We are delighted to announce our esteemed speakers! Please check back often as we continue to build our program and add new speakers.
Raymond O’Toole, PhD
Director (acting) and Principal Deputy to the Director of Operational Test & Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense
Director, Test and Evaluation, Department of Homeland Security, Science & Technology Directorate
Director (acting) and Principal Deputy, Test Resource Management
Malcolm Tutty, PhD
Australian Defence Force Academy, ITEA Southern Cross Chapter – Australia
Dana (Keoki) Jackson, PhD
Senior Vice President, General Manager, MITRE National Security
Director Strategic Programmes, UK Ministry of Defence
Carroll “Rick” Quade
Neal MacKertich, PhD
Jane Pinelis, PhD
Chief of the Test, Evaluation and Assessment Branch, Department of Defense Joint Artificial Intelligence Center
Defence Science and Technology Labs
Laura Freeman, PhD
Deputy Director, Policy and Workforce Development, Department of Homeland Security, Office of Test and Evaluation
Darryl Ahner, PhD
Robin Poston, PhD
Michael Schmidt, PhD
Vice President, Master Builders Solutions
Vice President, IT, FedEx
Tom Meservy, PhD
Edward Kraft, PhD
COL (R) Rick Bailer
Matthew C. Wroten, Lt Col, USSF
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPEs)
Each of the 4-hour Pre-Symposium Tutorials provide 4 contact hours of instruction (4 CPEs) that are directly applicable to your professional development program, including the Certified Test and Evaluation Professional Credential (CTEP).
In addition to the Pre-Symposium Tutorials, the Workshop provides 4 contact hours of instruction (4 CPEs) for each half-day, 8 contact hours of instruction (8 CPEs) for each full-day, or 20 contact hours of instruction (20 CPEs) for attending the full Symposium, that are directly applicable to your professional development program, including the Certified Test and Evaluation Professional Credential (CTEP).
ITEA is very excited to be able to offer these reduced rates. Included in the cost of registration is access to all “on-demand” content up until October 31st.
$400 – Non-Member*
$300 – ITEA Member
Full-Time Government Employee or Active Duty
$300 – ITEA Member *
$25 – ITEA Member / Non-Member*
Plenary Panelist or Track Session Presenter – $200
Track Chair or Second Tutorial Instructor – $100
*Regular Registration rate includes one-year membership to ITEA.
Early T&E Career Professional (less than 5 years of T&E experience) VERIFICATION REQUIRED – Includes a one-year ITEA membership for Non-ITEA Member.
- $250 – Non-Member*
- $150 – ITEA Member
- Download verification form here
SUBSTITUTION AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Substitutions are permitted. Refunds are not available within two (2) days prior to the start of the event. Requests for cancellation submitted after 2 days prior to the event will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
ITEA is a 501(c)(3) professional education association dedicated to the education and advancement of the test and evaluation profession. Registration fees, membership dues, and sponsorships are tax deductible.
Sponsorship opportunities are available to highlight your company before and during the Symposium. Let us know your budget and we’ll help you get noticed. NOTE: Sponsorship is tax deductible.
Don’t miss your opportunity to exhibit at the 2021 Symposium. Commercial, academic, and government exhibits will play an integral part of this workshop. We’ll put you in the right place at the right time. Increase your visibility, network with key players, and show your support and commitment to the industry and community! The virtual booth will include:
- Live Stream: Have a live video chat with attendees real-time.
- Promo Video URL: Share a pre-recorded video with attendees visiting your booth.
- Company Description: Add a description of your company/organization.
- Offer Link: In the Offer area, add a special deal, discount, or reward for booth visitors.
- Products: Add pictures of products with description.
- Social Links: Include links to your social media so that interested attendees can stay up to date with your organization.
- Upload Documents: Provide any resources for attendees visiting your booth to view & download.
- Chat: Chat in your booth or send a request for a private chat.
- Registration Included: Exhibit fee includes two (2) complimentary registrations but UNLIMITED booth personnel.
Please contact Lena Moran at Lena@itea.org for additional details.
Symposium Chair:Mr. Steve Woffinden, General Dynamics Mission Systems
Deputy Symposium Chair: J. Michael Barton, PhD, Parsons Fellow
Technical Program Chair: Erwin Sabile, Booz Allen Hamilton
Tutorial Chair: J. Michael Barton, PhD, Parsons Fellow
Exhibits and Sponsorship Chair: Ms. Lena Moran, Lena@itea.org
Awards Committee Chair: Ms. Stephanie Clewer, SA-TECH
Additional Symposium Planners:
Dr. Ade Britton, T&E Campaign, QinetiQ
Mr. Terry Murphy, Deputy Director T&E Office, Department of Homeland Security
Ms. Kathi Swagerty, Air Academy Associates, Sec ITEA Valley of the Sun Chapter, Chair ITEA Corporate Development Committee
COL (R) Rick Bailer
Mr. Pete Christensen, ITEA Professional Development Committee Chair, Independent Consultant
Mr. Erwin Sabile, BAH, Symposium Chair 2022
13 - 17 Sep 2021
EVENT QUICK LINKS38th Symposium Agenda
Download Registration Form